Summer Camp July 12 - 16
Your little animal lover will want to join us for summer camp. No two weeks are the same as barn life changes from week to week with new babies born throughout the entire summer. Animal Explorers will work in teams and learn about animal husbandry of rabbits, emus, chickens, mini horses, mini donkeys, and quail. This is a hands on FUN experience where all campers will assist with animal care and become the expert of their favorite farm animal. On the last day of camp, campers will give their parents/guardians a tour of the farm teaching them everything they learned throughout the week. This is an amazing opportunity for campers to build their self-confidence as leaders.
All campers will receive camping forms via email (they are also attached below). These forms are required during camp registration (first day of camp). Parents, please be prepared to share your child's shot record the first day of camp.
Camp time 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Extended day camp hours available from 3:00 - 5:00 ($50 will be added to camp tuition)
Campers will receive a camp t-shirt.
Water, popsicles, frozen yogurt provided during the day.
All day campers will need the following each day:
- snack (if required for dietary restrictions)
- change of clothes
- closed toed shoes for the barn and barnyard - nonnegotiable
- sunscreen (write last name on container)
- water bottle
- bathing suit
Proof of Identity (POI) for children. The Code of Virginia section 63.1-196.3 requires all children under the age of 13 when first enrolled in a Virginia school or camp to present proof of identity and age. As of January 2017, The Red Barn Farm requires all parents to present their child's original POI on their first day of camp. Staff will verify each child's POI and immediately return the document to the child’s family before leaving check-in on the first day of camp.
Proof of Identity (POI) for parent or guardian. The person dropping off AND picking up your child on their first day of camp will need to show their ID. Parents/guardians will need to show ID when picking up all campers. This is nonnegotiable. While we understand this can be an inconvenience for parents, your child's safety is our number one concern.
The Code of Virginia states that “Proof of identity means a certified copy of a birth certificate or other reliable proof of the child’s identity and age.” The following documents are acceptable forms of reliable proof:
- Certified copy of a birth certificate
- Birth registration card
- Notification of birth (hospital, physician, or midwife record)
- Copy of placement agreement or entrustment agreement from a child placing agency (foster care and adoption agencies)
- Record from a public school in Virginia
- Certification by a principal or his designee of a public school in the U.S. that a certified copy of the child’s birth record was previously presented
- Copy of the conferring temporary legal custody or entrustment agreement of a child to an independent foster parent. (identification card issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles DMV)
REQUIRED CAMP FORMS:
Our COVID policies are subject to change based on state guidelines at the time of camp.
Non Refundable Camper Deposit
A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to secure each camper's session. If for any reason a camper does not attend camp, tuition will be reimbursed, except for the deposit.
Required Camp Forms
REQUIRED CAMP FORMS: